Booking Terms and Conditions
- THE CONTRACT for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Jem’s Cottage Owners (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and the names, addresses and ages of your party must be shared with the Owners on request.
- PAYMENT: Bookings are CONFIRMED on receipt of the booking form and receiving the deposit of 35% of the holiday cost. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 42 days before the arrival date; you will be sent email notification that the balance is due. We reserve the right to cancel a booking where payment has not been received 42 days before the commencement date, in which case the deposit is forfeit. If the booking is made within 42 days of the arrival date then payment will be due in full. No entry to the property will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand. Once you have a confirmed booking, (ie the deposit has been paid and processed), you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by email. If we are able to re-let your dates we will refund you the final letting price (which may be less than you paid) less an administration fee of £50.00. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the full rental cost and there will be no refund under any circumstances
- CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance to protect against the cancellation penalty.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- PERIOD OF HIRE: You should not arrive before 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so will result in you being charged a further day’s rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
- NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY: Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the Jem’s Cottage website occupy the property. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Jem’s Cottage.
- LIABILITY: Jem’s Cottage, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
- CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. This includes washing up, placing rubbish in bin liners/recycling bags provided and putting in outside bins, ensuring ovens and barbecue are clean and free from grease. We reserve the right to make a charge of £35 for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition. You must not use the property for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties.
- DAMAGES & BREAKAGES: You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
- WIFI: Wi-Fi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY: We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
- PETS: Pets are not permitted at Jem’s Cottage.
- GENERAL: In the event that any individual term or clause stated in these Terms and Conditions of Let is not permissible by law, the remainder of the agreement shall remain valid.